Saturday, May 23, 2009

Striken

Pardon my hiatus -- and my appearance. Illness has ravaged the harem. Two days after the receipt of my laptop (oh how warm it feels in my lap!), Behnaz took to her bed, then Ferzana, then yours truly. Even Koosha could not withstand its virulence. Pasha cut short his travels and came home to tend to his henhouse. With the succour of the other two and our personal physician, we are all in a beautiful state of convalescence, drinking bitter tea and lying off the hookah for a spell. I detest moderation.
The computer conundrum is solved. It seems Koosha was growing tired and fearful of the nearly constant study key subterfuge and contacted Pasha to tell him I seemed bored, and wouldn't a computer help fill my time without him? You can imagine the squawk and squabble that ensued when my little gift arrived. Such a gaggle of complaining ninnies they are...but Pasha has not spoken of it and neither shall I.
He's off again tomorrow to continue his business. I feel very naughty doing this while he is home. More soon. I promise.

6 comments:

mapstew said...

Tish tish and Pish! Relax, don't do it....

Anonymous said...

I too hate moderation. I think it may be bad for you. Don't be good for too long just in case.

Gorilla Bananas said...

So he is content for you to be exposed to the temptations of the outside world through your on-line device. Is this trust or arrogance?

Ava said...

mapstew -- When you want to go to it? When you want to....?

Beverly HW -- I believe the same. Now, where's a match?

GB -- In his case, it's never trust. He could be waiting for me to hang myself with my own rope, but I suspect, as I think you do, that it is arrogance.

Ms Scarlet said...

I still smell a rat...
Sx

Anonymous said...

You can buy extra silk sheets and whatnot on ebay now.. I expect he won't mind about that!