- seven Persian rugs
- 25 bolts of silk -- from chiffon to China to crepe to charmeuse to jacquard to douppioni to noil -- in almost every color. We had to carry them ourselves! Again, horrible.
- Opals and lapis in great quantities
- A vase to replace Behnaz's clumsy dancing
- A lovely copper tea service
- five opium pipes
- leather for Pasha's study
At the end of this week-long pain-spree, I forced the maharajah to take us to Paris for two days of relaxation and champagne. Bottles and bottles of Egly Ouriet Ambonnay and one small trip to Cartier for a ruby fix, and I was slightly less ornery.
Upon our return, we discovered that Behnaz had disappeared for a day or two, a fact Ferzaneh couldn't wait to share with Pasha. They are both blackhearted. But then I guess I am, too.